Catering at Coombe
INDEPENDENT CATERING LIMITED
The catering is provided by Independent Catering Limited. Each day every student has a wide variety of food and drink options before school, at morning break and at lunchtime, served from the canteen and Quad Café.
If you have any questions regarding the catering at the school, please contact Ian Bawn, the Trust's Director of Premises and Health & Safety via email on [email protected]
PAYING FOR ITEMS
The system we use relies upon students using either their Oyster ‘Zip’ cards or a key fob as a form of ID. The students are required to place the card on a reader at the point of sale. The student’s picture and name then appears on a screen for a till operator to verify. The till operator then selects the items the student wishes to purchase and the appropriate amount is deducted from the student’s account.
There are two ways in which money can be paid into a student’s account.
1. Online: Using a system called 'ParentPay' parents/carers can top up the account, view the balance and see what their children have been eating.
2. Paypoint: If parents/carers don’t wish to make payments online the school will issue them with a plastic card that can be taken to any Paypoint store, where a payment can be made.
Before your son/daughter can use this system they will need to be enrolled. This will happen on their first day at a school.
Setting a Free Low Balance Email Alert
Setting up a low balance alert is really worthwhile. To set up alerts follow these steps:
- Log into your ParentPay account
- Click the ‘Communications’ tab
- Then click ‘Alert settings’ - from here you can choose to receive email alerts
- You will need to enter the threshold for balance alerts. For example, if you enter £10.00 as the threshold for Low Balance Reminders you receive an email alert when your child’s balance drops below £10.00
Free School Meals
Free school meals may be provided for your child if you are receiving certain benefits. Click here for for further details and to apply. The free school meal allowance can only be used to purchase ‘Meal Deals’. This ensures that students always get the most for their allowance.
If you require any further information about Free School Meals, please contact the Information and Advice Centre on 020 8547 5234 or email [email protected]
SPECIAL DIETS & ALLERGIES
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.